A Chief Information Officer (CIO) is not just for large businesses anymore! InfoTech Innovator’s Virtual CIO (vCIO) is perfect for a small or medium-sized business that needs a part-time or a fractional CIO instead of a full-time salaried executive. For many small or medium-size businesses a full time CIO can be very costly yet overall IT guidance / strategic planning is vital to all businesses.
Trusting in house or outsourced IT technicians to guide a businesses overall IT Strategy is also dangerous because they often lack the needed broader IT business vision required. This results in missed business opportunities, IT service that doesn’t perform or expand with the business, short term ‘fire fighting’ and instability becomes the norm (very poor SLA performance), Too many ‘penny wise and pound foolish’ IT unforeseen expenditures, technology biases and vendor lock-in, etc. Our Virtual CIO (vCIO) can help!
InfoTech Innovator’s Virtual CIO (vCIO) service provides your company with a senior executive that serves as a part-time or fractional CIO and IT Trusted Adviser to your business. All InfoTech Innovator’s Virtual CIO’s possess executive level business acumen skill skilled coupled with a broad technical background in a wide range of technologies. Businesses get the benefit of having someone that brings years of experience operating in diverse IT environments to your business without having to pay for a full-time senior IT executive.
The InfoTech Innovator’s Virtual CIO will help you review your IT business operations, determine your business and system needs, develop an IT Strategy / road-map, provide on demand advisory services, help customers to set IT policy, help customers to develop a comprehensive IT Security Plan and much more.
..and in terms of dollars and cents, A Virtual CIO is a fraction of the cost of a full-time IT Manager (or CIO).
InfoTech Innovator’s’s Virtual CIO will be capable of leading any or all of the following tasks as needed, to support your enterprise:
- Objective analysis of IT Operations
- Policy and Procedures best practices (example: ITIL)
- HIPAA Security Risk Assessment Services ( Healthcare or their business associates)
- Governance and IT Business Processes
- Vendor management
- Risk management
- Project and business initiative prioritization
- Technology Road-map
- Cloud Readiness
- Remediation projects
IT Investment Strategies:
- Capital investments versus operational expenditures
- Comprehensive 1-3 year view of projected IT expenditures based on business goals and objectives
- IT budgeting
- IT legacy infrastructure migration
- Outsourcing analysis
- IT technology solutions, ROI analysis
- New technology evaluations
IT Strategic Planning:
- Customized IT road-maps
- Matching business strategies with technology architectures such as cloud hosting, software as a service (SaaS), virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), remote infrastructure monitoring and management, 24×7 help desk services,
- Backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and business continuity
- IT improvement metrics and insuring business goal alignment
- IT Process improvements
- IT Security Plan Development
- Development of IT Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), RFI’s, RFP’s
- Vendor performance analysis
- Developing a prioritized list of what needs to get done
Benefits to Using InfoTech Innovator’s’s Virtual CIO service:
- Quickly obtain the CIO competencies you need
- Benefit from years of IT experience in diverse environments for a fraction of the cost of a full time CIO
- Avoid paying for a full-time senior level IT executive
- Free up Executives from the effort managing complex IT initiatives
- Use an Executive who has expertise driving IT projects to completion and managing budgets
- Use InfoTech Innovator’s Virtual CIO to drive the value, you paid for, out of your IT environment.